Back to News
Posted on 5 Oct 2015
Repeat Prescription Requests
We would like to thank our patients for being patient and understanding while we are trying to improve our repeat prescription ordering process.
As you are aware we no longer accept telephone requests and have a dedicated prescription clerk working with managers to improve this service. Although this is already proving a success overall, we are aware that there are definite teething problems that we can improve on.
We have had several comments recently around the speed in which repeat prescriptions are made available to you and on at least two occasions it has taken us a week to process a request. We know this is not acceptable and have made great inroads to improving the process to ensure your prescription is available within 48 hours (72 hours if you want us to send it to a pharmacy).
We have also heard of some issues around pharmacies not seeming to receive electronic prescriptions so please bear with us on this as that is not always an error on our part. There have been some technical issues for which we have had no control and sometimes it has been sent but the pharmacy cannot see this request without further action at their end.
How you can help us;
- Continue to use other ordering methods such as online requests and fax requests
- Consider asking your pharmacy to order your prescriptions for you (we are working closely with local pharmacies to encourage them to order one week in advance)
- By ordering your prescription in plenty of time so you don’t run out of your medications). (Up to one week before it is due).
Our promise to you;
- We are working hard at improving this service and are confident you will see an improvement next time you order your prescription
- We are working closely with the local pharmacies to encourage early ordering so there is no delay to you.
- We are further training our receptionists so they can give you clear information about if /when your prescription has been issued.
Once again, thank you for your patience.
From GP Partners and Management at
The Grange, Greenview and Kinsley Medical Centres.